Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My first award

I have always tried to do my best to stay © compliant and at times I get so disgusted with those who feel it's their right to use an artists work just because it's posted on the internet and they hide behind "fair use." Truthfully, I think it's just their way of trying to get out of paying an artist for his hard work. You wouldn't take an artists painting out of a museum and place it on your wall then claim it's "fair use" would you? No, you'd call it theft. Well there are some who do that very thing in the PSP world. Ok, enough of my little rant, even though there was a reason leading up to it. Over the years I've had to learn a few things about © and I am still learning. For instance, when my blog was being looked at by The Zone Groups to make sure I was following all the rules, I had links to fonts. I didn't realize that sites like dafont actually are sharing fonts that are PTU. hmmm! Anyway, after they reviewed my site and I removed some font links and changed my tag previews to make the © more legible after the resizing to fit my blog, I was all set to go. I knew I was doing pretty good at being © compliant, but didn't realize I was doing that well that I only had a couple minor changes to make. whooo hooo! Anyway, here is my award and it will always be at the bottom of the first page on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment