Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Lead Santa

For this tutorial you will need the following:
Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.
Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of Ismael Rac, which you need a license to use.
Scrap kit of choice. I am using Cherished Moments by Wicked Princess Scraps. You can find the stores she sells at on the top left side of her blog.
Font of choice, I am using Zebra
X-Mas template 8 by Tracy F at Freebie Friends and More.
Mask: WSL84 by WeeScotsLass
Plugins: No outside plugins
Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.
For this tut, I have made some abbreviations for stuff that is repetitive.
S/SA/F/D = Selections, Select All, Float, Defloat
C/P = Copy/paste as a new layer
S/I/CD/DS = Selections, Invert, Click delete on your keyboard, Deselect
S/I/CD/LS = Selections, invert, click delete on your keyboard, leave selected
Let's get started!
Open template, resize by 80%, change canvas size to about 650 x 650.
Delete the following layers:
Tracy F Designs
Ribbon
Ribbon Ball
Tree
Snow
Make the circle layer active, S/SA/F/D
C/P paper 12, S/I/CD/DS, delete the original circle layer.
Make oval 1 layer active, S/SA/F/D
C/P paper 11, S/I/CD/DS, delete the original oval 1 layer.
Make Oval 2 layer active, S/SA/F/D
C/P paper 12, S/I/CD/DS, delete the original circle layer.
Make rectangle layer active, S/SA/F/D
C/P paper 1, S/I/CD/DS, delete the original circle layer.
Add a drop shadow of choice to each of the white fill layers and the rectangle layer. I used 1, 1, 50, 5.
Merge all the text layers together & add a drop shadow.
Open your tube, C/P, add a drop shadow.
Add any elements you want. I used the following:
Branch, resize 44%, duplicate, image mirror
Three angels, resize 76%
Presents pile, resize 15%, duplicate, mirror, arrange near each other over tree
Bell Hanger, resize 35%
Bundle, resize 35%
Flower frame, resize 35%, click inside frame with magic wand, selections, modify, expand by 2, copy and paste a paper, selections, invert, click delete on your keyboard. Add drop shadow to frame.
Open paper 14, copy and paste as a new layer. Open mask, go to layers, new mask layer, from image, find the mask in the drop down menu, click ok. Delete the mask in your layers palette, click yes, merge group.
Crop, resize, add your name or text in the the little box for your flower frame.
Add copyrights and credits as needed, then save.

No comments:

Post a Comment