Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Candy Cane





For this tutorial you will need the following:

Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.

Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of Anna Marine (Individual tube 49-1 at CDO) which you need a license to use.  

Scrap kit of choice. I am using a PTU kit My Candy Cane by Amy Marie.
It was made to match a Ninaste tube (that I am not using for this tutorial) 

Font of choice, I am using  Scriptina


Plugins: No outside plugins used
I do use Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow on all my copyrights/credits layers
I do this because some forums will make a .png tag show up with a black background and then your
copyright doesn't show. 



Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.

Add a drop shadow of your choosing to tubes & elements throughout. I usually use 1, 1, 50, 5 unless otherwise noted.


Let's get started!

Open a new canvas 850 x 850 pixels with a white background

open 92 copy and paste as a new layer resize 75%
click inside with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand 2, selections, invert
open paper 2 copy and paste as a new layer click delete on your keyboard
leave selected, copy and paste your tube erase the bits that hang over, deselect

Now add your elements, I used:

element 62 resize 50% arrange on the right
element 82 resize 50% arrange to the right & behind the square gift
element 64 resize 60%  mirror and arrange to the left of the square gift
element 98 resize 65% arrange on the left
element 1 resize 65%  arrange on left
element 83 resize 65% arrange on right
element 21 resize twice by 65% arrange on left between layers then
duplicate mirror and arrange between layers on right

Copy and paste paper 14 above the white background
apply your mask


crop and resize
add your copyright and credits as needed
add your text and save

No comments:

Post a Comment