Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Blue Romance




For this tutorial you will need the following:

Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.

Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of  Alex Prihodko, which you need a license to use,
available at Pics for Design 

Scrap kit of choice. I am using Blue Romance, 
a PTU kit by Bookworm Dezines, available at Scrap Candy  

Font of choice, I am using Cutie Pop


Plugins: No outside plugins used



Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.

Add a drop shadow of your choosing to tubes & elements throughout. I usually use 1, 1, 50, 5 unless otherwise noted.


Let's get started!

Open a new canvas 850 x 850 pixels with a white background

Open paper 2, apply your mask, copy and paste as a new layer to your canvas

Open element 21, copy and paste as a new layer, resize 85%

Open your tube, copy and paste as a new layer, if you're using the same one as I am
resize it around 45%, arrange it over the frame element.

We're going to put elements around the frame and pretty much cover it up.
I just used the frame so that I had a reference where to put my flowers & other elements
and somewhat retain the oval shape. As we go along, please refer to my tag for placement reference.

I used the following elements:

element 27, resize 75% rotate right 25, duplicate, mirror
now go back to your tube, and any bits of tube that hang below the flowers where you don't want them, take your eraser tool and erase it
I mainly just erased the bits of leg that were hanging out.

Element 36, rotate left 25, arrange on top left, duplicate & mirror (drag below tube)
I then erased the bits that were above her head, because I didn't like how it looked

Element 19, resize 45%, duplicate a few times and arrange around the frame,
some over and some above the current layers of flowers

Element 20, resize 35%
Element 6 resize 25%, duplicate a few times, arrange around frame, mirror some
Element 26, resize 35%
Element 8, resize 30% duplicate
(I put one on the right & one on the left of the tube to fill some empty spots. On the right, just above her elbow and on the left just above her hip)
Element 14, across the bottom, below some of the layers

Crop & resize
add your copyrights and credits
add your text and save


No comments:

Post a Comment