Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Cupcake Cutie



For this tutorial you will need the following:

Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.

Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of  Pinup Toons, which you need a license to use.

Scrap kit of choice. I am using Cupcake, a PTU kit by Designs by Sarah, which is available at Pimp My Tags With Scraps.

Font of choice, I am using Yummy Cupcakes

Mask:  WSLMask84

Plugins: No outside plugins


Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.

Add a drop shadow of your choosing to tubes & elements throughout. I usually use 1, 1, 50, 5 unless otherwise noted.


Let's get started!

Open a new canvas 850 x 850 white background.

Open frame 1 copy and paste as a new layer.
Click inside with a magic wand, selections, modify, expand 2.
Ope paper 7, copy and paste as a new layer, selections, invert, click delete on your keyboard, drag this layer below the frame layer, deselect.

Open your tube, copy and paste as a new layer.

Add any elements you'd like. Check my tag for placement reference.
I used:

word art 1, resize by 75%
Ribbon 3 resize 85%
Flower 1, resize 35%, duplicate mirror
Cupcake 3, resize 35%
Cupcake 2, resize 35%
Candy 1 resize 20%, duplicate and mirror
Star gem resize 55%, duplicate and mirror
Cherries, resize 25%, duplicate and mirror
Star 1, resize 25%, duplicate mirror
Candy 2, resize 57% rotate left by 20, duplicate, mirror
Button 1, duplicate, mirror

Crop and resize
Add your mask
Add your copyright and credits as needed
Add your name and save

No comments:

Post a Comment